Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 69

Thread: When are we going to take a stand?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    When are we going to take a stand?

    In the world today we have all kinds wrecklessness.... some think it is okay to be gay... we actually have a homosexual church that has been built in Norton. I do not hate homosexuals but they are just believing a lie.... i think it is pretty adnormal for a man to have sexual feelings for another man. What is normal about that?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: When are we going to take a stand?

    Ahh- been a few months since we've had a homosexual debate. My take? I am not into the homosexual thing, but a person has a right to live their life as they see fit. When we all stand in judgement before God, he is going to come down on the heterosexual, as well as the homosexual. I have a cousin who is gay. He is a hard-working, productive member of society, who has had one partner his entire life. He has a good soul, and would be there at 3am if I needed him. When I stand him beside my other cousin, who loves women, but is a piece of lazy, wife-beating, drug-dealing trash, I'd rather be around the one who is gay. Luckily we live in a free country where these folks have a right to worship in that building, but more importantly, I have that right to drive right on past that church.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  3. #3
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: When are we going to take a stand?

    Good Post ID. I agree 100%.

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: When are we going to take a stand?

    I agree that he may be a good person and all.. I am not putting homosexuals down so that we understand that. Weare to love one another... but I have just one issue with the statements that you have made.. first you say that we will all be judged and I believe that... but if we are doing something that is wron in the eyes of the one who will judge us and continue to do it without repenting which means to turn away from the behavior... what will the Judge do then? Are you a Christian? Let me give you an example and understand that in the eyes of the judge sin is sin.. no sin is greater than the other but for example if I were Homosexual and I am not but one day I realized that the Judge did not support this behavior so I stopped doing that I would no longer be judged for it because I stopped. Remeber Sodom and Gomorah? Dont mean to start an uproar I understand that many people believe different on this subject but after all we are not the judge God is and he will Judge according to his standards... do you agree?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: When are we going to take a stand?

    A sin is a sin. God doesn't have a "sinscale" IMO. Is being gay worse than that straight piece of trash who sells drugs to kids? We can both agree that we all will be judged, so I am going to spend my time making it right with God, doing what I have to do to gain his acceptance of me, instead of trying to play God and judge others like so many do.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: When are we going to take a stand?

    I think you have missed the point... I am judging noone... the Bible does that... the point is where has this world gone when we have to vote on traditional marriage or gay marriage how about conducting decesions based upon Gods word.. after all we are A nation under God. I do believe we need to work out our own salvation... you are right but on the other hand we are to teach the Word of God and not you opinion or miy opinion on things... that is the easy way out and the right political thing to say.... should you not go to your cousin if you care about his soul and lead him to the truth? Dont mean to offend you but I love my family enough to tell them the truth. There is an old saying that goes like this: The road to hell his paved with good intentions... being good just isn't good enough... we must have the blood of Christ covering us and his grace but at the same time we must heed to Gods word.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: When are we going to take a stand?

    I love my family enough to support them and their happiness (whether I agree with lifestyle or not). This country was founded not just on freedom of religion, but freedom FROM religion as well. Our ancestors left their homeland because of religious persecution. We can preach repent all we want, but a person has to open the door to their heart when they hear God knocking. Words will not get it done when a person in their heart is not listening when the Lord is calling.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  8. #8
    Inactive Member logo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2005
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: When are we going to take a stand?

    Good post. I think it's a darn shame that we had to vote on this. Their sure as hell a lot more important issues that sould have been voted on. What has happened to the morles of this Country? Religion or no Religion same sex marrage is not right, and it is not right in the majority of our population. Just say that this was voted in as a legal thing to do, and you were walking down the steet with your child and see to men kissing, what would you tell that child if he were to ask of the situation? Let's just thank the Good Lord that this was not voted in.

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: When are we going to take a stand?

    Indian Dad you are the Bomb! You have a complete handle on this situation. I have a brother that pastors a church at Duncan Gap...he lies, is undependable, cheats his own family, but I don't have to answer for him on that final judgment day. Me and me alone! I am a good Christian have been redemmed by the blood and feel His presence everyday and I know that I am going to be given my crown and reward and so will my brother just not the way he had imagined...I can't even imagine what it will be like...will I sing Holy or to my knees will I fall, will I dance in his presence or whatever happens I know that I am redeemed by the blood. My brother thinks because I'm "different"? I'm hell bound no one can judge me but the God of all...very thankful for that...so when you all spout hate and judgments, remember "judge not lest you be judged"? Praise God that I have to answer for myself and not another! We should all be thankful for that, no if ands or buts. My Dad was the greatest of all men he preached, defended and let everyone know that it's all what's in your you soul that matters not what man may interpret. Boy have I opened a HUGE can of worms. My redeemer will protect me from all my foes so throw everything you can at me...I am covered by HIS grace and HIS blood .

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: When are we going to take a stand?

    Uh-oh..Duncan Gap is my old stomping grounds, and that clan of Bevins' are my kinfolk, so no doubt I know both you and your brother.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •